Parent Comments for Counsel Letter of Recommendation
Your student is applying for college entrance and/or scholarships requiring a counselor letter of recommendation. This is your opportunity to share anything about your student that would assist us in writing a strong letter of recommendation.
Some suggestions for your comments
The following questions are provided as a guide for you to provide additional information that your student may not have provided for us. Please note that anecdotes and specific examples are especially helpful.
- What are some characteristics that make your student stand out?
- Please give me your frank assessment of your student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Describe your child's community or school activities, awards, or special experiences that you think were worthwhile or interesting in some way.
- Describe any specific life experiences your child has had that has impacted who they are today. For example, obstacles that they have overcome or a particular work experience, or examples of how your student showed grit or how they handle a difficult situation.
- Please share anything else you feel your student’s counselor should know to have an accurate"picture" of your student.
Please email your responses to your student’s counselor with the student's name as the subject line at least three weeks before the earliest college or scholarship deadline! Thank you.
Release of Information to Colleges and Scholarship Organizations
As a parent/guardian, you must give permission to your student's counselor to release specific information to colleges and scholarship organizations.